Monday, June 2, 2008

I am supercool

I am not even going to try to pretend that I don't feel super awesome driving around in the new car. It's true. I love driving it and I love that it has keyless entry, not to mention that I can get in without crawling through the passenger side to unlock the driver's side door. I love the new car smell and I love that it has heat and 2 working windshield wipers. I love the Ipod hookup and the SIX airbags. The other day when I went to the gas station these 2 "cool" guys were checking it out while I was inside paying and then asked me if it was mine...and yes, I did giggle inside a bit. I freaking deserve it. I have been kicking ass for a long time. :)

The recipient of my first finished pair of fingerless mitts, Leann, was happy, which in turn made me ecstatic. She even showed them off at her b-day BBQ, and there were "ooo's" and "aaahh's" and even a look of jealousy. This, of course, is one of the highest compliments...someone yearning to have them.

Since frogging the last one I attempted to start, I have started another pair. Almost done with the first one.I may keep these for myself. I really love the yarn. Originally the yarn was meant for another project, a cabled scarf, which so far I have been unsuccessful at mastering. I have decided though, that the cabled pattern will look better with a solid color yarn.

And I have completed one entire baby legwarmer and will be starting the second one momentarily.


The weekend was great. I feel that I have finally begun to come out of the slump I had somehow managed to get into. The last year has been quite trying, and I thought I was dealing with it fine, but I had sort of isolated myself a bit, from those that weren't in my direct vicinity. I don't know why and I don't think I meant to do it, but I had somehow convinced myself that people were doing their own things and weren't interested in hearing about my stress. It's hard to explain...trying to adjust to this new job had sucked up a major portion of my confidence level and left me with unwarranted worries and self-consciousness in other parts of my life. Just another part of my personality--being way too hard on myself. But I am feeling better and I am getting back into really enjoying doing things and being around my friends and just letting myself be myself. A work in progress, of course, but I feel much calmer and more optimistic. :)

Enough rambling, there is knitting to be done!! (If Gordy lets me...)

No comments: