So I finished the first of my second pair of mitts. It's cute and for the most part fits really well, except the thumb is a bit tight. I thought it would work because I even added an extra stitch at the thumb. Hmmm...the thumb didn't take too long, so I am thinking of pulling it apart and redoing it. But it looks cute...


It's definitely worth redoing. I am thinking of keeping this pair for myself, so I want them to be wearable.
4 comments:
These are cute! I've only just started knitting, and hoping to graduate from scarves to fingerless mittens soon :) Thanks for inspiration!
Thanks!
You can totally do it!! I've only been knitting since February. Good luck!
How are you binding off? I learned a new way to bind off ribbing so that it is stretchy - it worked for my first mitt thumb. is that where it is too tight? I think it's called the Zimmerman bind off or something. The owner of that tea and yarn store showed it too me after I tried to bind off normally and wound up with a too too tight mitt.
Whoa. That's what I need to learn. I'll look it up. I'm binding off in pattern and with a needle one size larger so that it's not as tight, but it still ends up without any stretch. Thanks for the scoop!!
Post a Comment