Monday, March 31, 2008

Mix it up

Chris and I went shopping today. Even though we told people we didn't want gifts for our reception, we received many gift cards and some cash. We decided to enjoy it and ended up with a new bathroom rug/shower curtain/towel set, some kitchen odds and ends, this:and this:
I'm not bragging. I'm just excited. I've dreamed of having one of these mixers for quite some time, but it's just one of those things you can never quite justify spending the money on. Well, at least I can't. And Chris and I have needed a new receiver pretty much the whole time we've known each other. We've been living off of 2 half-ass ones with dysfunctional knobs and buttons. Recently it's gotten to the point that it is a struggle just to get one to work. This one wasn't super expensive either. Pretty much just what we need to consolidate our crappy equipment into one workable piece.

So, we are very appreciative of the gifting we have received. And this, in no way, takes the place of proper thanking.

My week off starts on Thursday. I plan on spending my time listening to music, baking, and notifying necessary parties of my name change.

Chris is starting spring quarter this week and unfortunately, he is sick.

Bah. I am sick of whatever multiple bugs are going around. I feel like lately it's been a sick-a-palooza everywhere I go. So many sick calls at work. Everywhere I go I see many people sniffling and sneezing and coughing. And if these are the people that are well enough to be out and about, imagine the load of people suffering at home. It's very unfortunate that so many people have to, or at least feel that they have to, go out and work at their daily routines instead of being able to stay home for an appropriate allotment of time to take care of themselves.

I am just as guilty. I really shouldn't be back at work. I had a reminder of this last night at work. I was moving some beds around because I needed one with a working alarm for a patient with the potential to get out of bed without calling for necessary assistance. I pushed beds around for about 15 minutes or so. At the time it didn't feel like a big deal, but then after about 5-10 more minutes, the stress of my activities caught up to me. I felt a little bit light headed, so one of my friends took my vitals just to make sure I was okay. My O2 sats were fine, but my heart rate was hovering around 130. I tried to take it easy for the remainder of the shift. It's tough, but luckily we were fully staffed and I have very supportive co-workers.

Only three more shifts this week and then I can take it easy again for a week.

No comments: