After all my talk before about taking my own advice and chilling out and taking it easy and letting myself get better...I totally over did it yesterday. I felt pretty good in the AM and kept getting up to do stuff instead of relaxing for a while in between activities. Not that I was doing strenuous stuff, just some laundry and dishes and tidying up here and there. Doesn't sound like much. But around 4pm I was so freaking tired it literally hurt to try to stay awake. So I slept on the couch. Until about 8pm, when I got up for a bit because I was starving. Then within an hour or so I was exhausted again and slept on the couch until about 2am, when I got up and went to go sleep the rest of the night in the bed.
I'm seriously not doing that again. Small spurts of activity are okay, and when I say small spurts I mean like 5-10 minutes max. But no more. And these spurts are to be intertwined with long periods of rest. I have plenty to entertain me while I rest, there is no reason I need to be getting up all the time. Duh. Feeling pretty good after sitting on the couch for 4 hours does not equal feeling good enough to get up and clean the entire house.
So, yeah. How many times do I need to keep telling myself this? A lot I suppose, I tend to be rather stubborn. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment