Thursday, March 20, 2008

A hat just in time for spring

I just finished my first knit hat last night. I freaking love it. I am completely aware that it is not really cold enough anymore for hats. This is just to get started for next year. :)

This one was knit with size 10 needles and Joann's Sensations Rainbow Classic yarn. It was knit as a rectangle mostly, with a couple of rows of decreases at one end, and then cinched up at the top and sewn together. I am very happy with how it turned out.
Here it is for its close up...
This was also my first successful pom-pom. Things like pom-poms and tassles and fringe are not difficult to make, just very very tedious. I usually get bored with the pom-pom process before it is fluffy enough and am left with a crappy wad of yarn.

I am not meaning to leave my crochet hooks unloved, but at the moment I am very smitten with the needles. I have already purchased yarn for 3 more projects. Yes, I purchased more yarn. Is having a yarn addiction better than having a drug addiction? I'm not entirely sure, it sure is pricey!

Anyways, so I am going to make a ribbed beanie for Chris out of this yarn:A pair of wrist warmers out of this yarn:And a pair of striped knee-high socks out of these yarns:The biggest splurge really, was the sock yarn. Most expensive pair of socks ever, but also the coolest. Hopefully. I will most likely work on all three projects somewhat simultaneously. I foresee the socks taking the longest and being the most difficult, so having some smaller projects intermixed will help me stay positive! I like to have the gratification of having completed something to keep me inspired. The beanie should be fairly easy.

I think I am going to have to start working on Christmas gifts or something. I like making cute things for myself, but I am much more motivated to perfect and finish things if I am trying to impress someone else. :)


Tonight Tara, Leann and I are going out to dinner here:
http://www.bokaseattle.com/

I'll try to write some type of review later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

go Maria! those colors are beautiful. ps i am knitting you a silly wedding present but as of today it's not done yet :) knitting gifts motivates me too, but somehow deadlines just don't factor in.

Maria said...

I love silly presents!!!!