At the moment I am currently in the middle of my work week, and my sleeping has been thrown off by the addition of a day shift class I had to attend. So I worked nights (7p-7a) Fri, Sat, and Sun, then had Mon off, then had to be at the class Tues at 7am and was there until 6pm. I go back to night shift for Wed and Thurs.
Anytime I make the switch from nights to days to nights is hard on my body, so I normally don't do it unless I have more than a couple of days off in a row. It involves coming home from work, sleeping for 2-3 hours, and then getting up and staying up the rest of the "day." So on Monday, I got home from work and went to sleep around 8:30/9am, woke up about 11:30am and then stayed up until about 10pm. Went to sleep and then woke up at 5am-ish to go to work. Usually, I have a chunk of days off, so I stay on this day schedule. I may slightly adjust the time I get up in the mornings so I'm not going to bed so early. And I usually end up taking a power nap during the day at some point. It really isn't all that bad. But today, after I got home from the class at work, I was tired so I slept from 8pm until around midnight. And now I'm trying to stay up so that I can sleep during the day tomorrow before I go to work.
It's currently 3am and I feel like I could go to sleep now but would probably end up waking up before noon and would then be screwed up for the night shift. Ugh. I am rambling rambling rambling and I don't even know if any of this makes any sense. Another side effect of fucking with my sleep schedule too much.
I never use to think about sleep so much. It always just kind of happened. Now there are often times when I have to either plan my life around my sleep time, or I have to plan my sleep time around life. And with the stress of the work week, there is usually one day every couple of weeks where I sleep at least 12-14 hours, possibly more, in a 24 hour period. I feel that today may be that day.
Monday was spent in a most relaxing manner. Chris was off school and work too, and had some reading to do for school. So we grabbed some lunch and a six pack at the grocery store, and then spent the day at Magnuson Park. He read while I knitted. The weather was very comfy and the park was not too crowded. I started another pair of the fingerless mitts, with the same type of yarn as the last, but this time in colorway "Flower Blossom." I think I may keep these for myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment