Thursday, May 22, 2008

Holy cow!

So I finished those fingerless mitts the other day and they are FANTASTIC! It's pretty much impossible to take a picture of them on both hands, but here's the proof that there is a set...I think they turned out so pretty. Oh, and the name of the colorway of this particular yarn? Peacock. I am excited to start working on some more in different colors and different types of yarn.

I also started on a pair of baby legwarmers for one of the many girls at work that is pregnant. It's an easy pattern, and I like the colors in the yarn, but I'm not too thrilled with the way the color pattern is turning out.It's kind of cool, but kind of weird. And I'm not sure if it will do the same thing when I start the second one, or if it's just a fluke.

And one more thing. Look what we got yesterday...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh this is good news. i have been wondering when a pattern for baby legwarmers would show up. your friend will love them no matter what they end up looking like! i can't wait to get my hands on a copy of that pattern!

speaking of copying you *ahem* I mean taking inspiration from you...I went to a certain LYS to use a gift card that somebody great gave to me and immediately found a skein of the most luscious yarn, right below a sample fingerless glove. I've been wanting to make some, but haven't found a pattern I like yet. So I snatched up the yarn and the pattern, which totaled the exact amount of the gift card (it was very nice yarn!) and it wasn't until the shop lady wound the skein and handed me the tag that I noticed the yarn's colorway is "Turkey". Turkey...Peacock!?

oh, and you don't have to approve this comment. I just wanted to tell you about my turkey mitts.

love you and your crazy knitaholism!