Monday, May 19, 2008

Great week off so far

I have had a fantastic weekend! Luckily it isn't over...as I don't have to work until Friday night.

Our hike on Saturday didn't really go as according to plan. Much of the trail was covered in snow which is not what the ranger had told Leann the week before. And due to the warm weather and melted mountain snow, a couple areas of the trail were washed away pretty significantly. We got across one area, but the other was too difficult and we didn't want to get stuck on the other side.

On our way back we stopped off at Snoqualmie Falls. The falls were MASSIVE. Even bigger than normal due to all the extra water. There were 8,354,955 people there, which was a little irritating. Later in the evening we added Chris to our group and BBQ'd some brats and drank a few good beers. So regardless of how our plans turned out, it was a very enjoyable time with good friends.

Sunday I met up with Christine and Sev. These 2 girls and I are the core of the knitting group. We only ended up going to one yarn shop because we wanted to get to our knitting. We went to The Fiber Gallery in Greenwood, had lunch at a little punk rock Mexican place close by, grabbed some coffees, and then planted ourselves on a blanket at Greenlake for our knitting session. I'm not sure what time we actually started at Greenlake, but I am guessing it was probably around 2pm at the latest. We had so much fun knitting and chatting that when someone finally was curious and looked at the time we discovered it was almost 7pm! I think we were all thinking it was about 5 or so. We were pretty impressed with our session, but decided to call it a night.

I started a different pair of fingerless mitts. I had restarted the first ones I had been working on and was only a few rows in. I pulled on the yarn once, in a normal strength tug, to tighten up my stitches and the yarn broke! Kind of glad I figured that out early on into the mitt though. So I started a pair using the cute stripey Trendsetter yarn. Here's what I have so far...Super cute. I hope there is enough yarn for 2 mitts because I can't wait to try the other colors!!

No comments: