Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's nice to feel wanted

I had 2 interviews today and both companies were very very impressed with me. It's a great feeling, one that I really needed. Harborview doesn't tend to make me feel very wanted. In fact, the main feeling I get from HMC, besides the one of stress, is that I am being a half-ass, crappy nurse. But I know that is more because of the working conditions, and not because I am actually doing a shitty job. Still, it was nice to hear people speak so highly of my nursing skills and values. One place is having me come back to job shadow on Monday, to see if it's something I want to do. The other place will be calling me tomorrow, to discuss salary and whatnot. So basically, both places want me, I just have to decide which one *I* want. Some major changes will be transpiring these next couple of weeks. It's rather exciting!

Other than that, here's my latest Calorimetry. This one I'll be keeping for myself because it's so beautiful and so freaking soft!!
Here's a book I just found out about that I am dying to read...

I saw this woman on Oprah the other day. Yes, sometimes Oprah has fantastic things on her show. Anyways, this woman was a brain surgeon, who suffered a major stroke. She basically lost all function in the left side of her brain, which controls speech and logic etc and was solely functioning off of the right side, which is the feeling/aesthetics side. I can't explain it well, but the story was very touching as she spoke a lot of her experience in hospitals throughout recovery and how even though she couldn't understand what people were SAYING she could FEEL the energy of their intentions. Amazing amazing stuff.

2 comments:

Kendal said...

oooh. that is a pretty headband. Tonalita?

Maria said...

Nope, it's Noro's Cashmere Island. It's absolutely scrumptious!! :)