Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Feeling fantastic

I'm off tonight. I have 3 shifts--Tues, Wed, and Thurs nights--and then I never have to work at HMC ever again!! Did I mention that I am excited?!

I am looking forward to my new job for many many reasons...

1. To be on a normal sleep schedule. Since I have been working the night shift at HMC, I feel like my life revolves around sleep somehow. I'm always thinking about when I'll get to sleep next or if I'll get enough sleep before my next shift or how I can switch my sleeping schedule on my days off. I never use to thinking about it so much. Even though I am not the walking dead, I feel tired pretty much all of the time.

2. To not be at maximum stress level on a daily basis. Nursing, is a stressful career path in general. But my current job has added stressors such as understaffing, horrible management, and very sick very crazy patients. These all add up and often cause me to have anxiety dreams about work. And even when I am not at work, I am stressing a bit about the next day that I have to go back in.

3. I am ready to get EXCITED about nursing. I haven't much felt that in my current position due to the aforementioned reasons. I want to remember why I wanted to become a nurse in the first place.

There are many more reasons, but it is getting close to bedtime...

Home health care is an area that I have been interested in since I first decided to go to nursing school. It's almost unbelievable that I get to do it so early on in my career. I feel really good about this company, and hope that things work out with them for a while.

What's funny, is that since I accepted this position, Swedish called me to set up another interview. I called them back to let them know they were a bit too late, along with a couple of other calls from other places.

After this Thursday....I have an entire week + off before I have to start my new adventure on the 10th of November.

No comments: