Thursday, April 24, 2008

Knitting update

So I finished the "Wavy Gravy" scarf. Purty cute.I attempted my new cabled scarf pattern. First try wasn't so great. I think I'm going to try some cabling with some less expensive yarn. I don't mind frogging a project once. But I feel like I need to try this cable thing more than a few times before I get it just right. And yeah, the yarn is still basically fine after a couple of froggings, but it definitely shows the wear. Especially to a perfectionist like me. I would always be all "yeah, it's nice, but look at that fuzzy part right there." This is the pretty yarn I will make the final product in...Much cuter in person.


On another note...I really need to write myself some sort of budget. I mean, I'm not in dire straits or anything, I just get mad at myself for over-spending. I always pay my bills, but I want to get better at putting $$ away. It's been tough for a long, long time...always going in reverse with the cash flow. I think I have been over-compensating with my new income. I need to budget my yarn/clothes/shoes/books/baking supplies/cds/home improvement spending money. I need to put aside for a long needed purchase--a vehicle. The Honda still has much life in it, but I am done putting money into it. It can't last forever. Plus, it sucks driving it in winter with no heat.

No comments: