...or this...
...or this...
...depending on what color combinations are used. Unlimited beautiful options. But alas, even on sale this scarf would cost between $30 and $40. And I already have bins of yarn bursting at the seams and projects lined up.So I am trying to distract myself by working on those projects. I finished another pair of fingerless mitts using the Maine Morning Mitts pattern. I think I will be sending these to a friend in Olympia who is in dire need of a love filled care package right now.
Tomorrow Sev is hosting another Stitch N Bitch at her house. My project to work on this time will be a simple beanie with hearts around it. I haven't yet done intarsia or even stripes, so Sev is going to show me how. I'm sure I could learn on my own, but so far I haven't and it's always more fun to learn from someone else. And the self striping yarns have helped me in my laziness to learn to add stripes. So the beanie will be in this color...
2 comments:
Cool! you've got plenty of fun things to work on. I know how tempting it is. I was "stash-busting" some novelty yarn into the edge of a skirt for E, and now I want to go find some more of the same novelty yarn to knit into the whole skirt. I love that sewn bind-off! My first pair of mitts were top down, so when I got to the wrist there had to be a bind off stretchy enough to fit over my giant hands. The owner of that tea and yarn shop on Ballinger Way showed me that, and that store is the best yarn store I've ever seen.
Thanks Kendal! Sometimes it is painfully tempting! I remember a long time ago when I first got back into crocheting, I was attempting to use up some Red Heart acrylic. (This was back when that's about all my stash consisted of.) I started an afghan and ended up having to buy about 3 times more of what I started with because the color combo was so sweet!
I do love Village Yarn & Tea. I really want to go to one of their afternoon tea parties.
Post a Comment