I remember when I was young, I daydreamed about being in love. Of finding my "prince charming." I never dreamed about your stereotypical prince charming though. I have never really been one for the whole flowers and candy crap. I mean, sure, I'm a romantic at heart. But to me romance is something more than buying someone a card that someone else wrote and giving it to them on the same day that everyone else is giving everyone else cards and whatnot. I know these things are special to some, and that's totally fine, I'm not a "scrooge" or whatever. But I always wanted more.
I wanted someone who only wanted me, truly. He didn't have to buy me things to prove his love, it would be painfully obvious in his actions. To him, I would be the only girl in the room...the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. He would get butterflies when he saw me. His eyes would shine when he looked at me. He would tell me every day, how much he adored me and how I was his favorite person in the whole world. Every day, he would spend, thinking of all the ways he could make me happy. He would treat me like I was the most precious thing on earth.
For a long time in my life, I thought this dream was untouchable. I thought I was expecting too much. Why was I so special that I deserved such a thing? I even started to doubt that such a thing even existed.
I sure am glad I never gave up. Now I get to live the fairy tale. And lucky for me the feeling is utterly mutual. Now I'm off to think of something nice I can do for my prince. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment