Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Scooter-less and fancy free

Well, the scooter is gone. It was sold to that first person that had inquired. I got a good deal. They got a good deal too...but as Chris said, "it's a seller's market." Summer time. High gas prices. They were happy. A couple buying it as a gift for there soon to be 16 year old son. Chris said it was precious.

When I pulled up to the house after work that next morning, I did a little "awwww" because it was strange and a little sad not to see it there.


Chris and I made some reservations for our road trip in September. We're about half way planned out. Here's some of the places we'll be staying on the way down to Cali.Yeah, that last one's not quite as scenic, but we thought we might need a shower by then. :)

Brady said we can stay at his place, so we'll be in Newport Beach for a couple days. If they'll have us, we may swing by and see our other "LA friends." ;)

We have 2 weeks to do this trip. It's going to be a blast. And remember, this will be road-trip-of-thriftiness, so if anyone has any good money saving ideas let us know.


I finished this bookwhich was fantastic, and really need to get back to reading this onebefore I start another. I'm not very good at reading more than one fiction book at a time. I tried, just doesn't work for me. It's hard for me to let one story sit and not think about it while I read another. I end up just totally neglecting one book altogether, which is what happened to Cell. It was great, and then I got completely distracted by other things. I can read a fiction and then an informational type book, usually one involving yarn or knitting works best. :)

Here's my current view......oops, I woke her...

2 comments:

Kendal said...

you guys are coming to the hood!?
we'll be glad to see you.

Maria said...

Yes! 2nd week of September! :)