Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Refresh

Well, we are feeling better. There are still, and will always be, many moments of reminiscing, sadness, and sometimes tears. But there is less guilt. Binky will always be here with us, but his physical presence is in a much better place. Who knows how many of his nine lives he has left?

Before our family tragedy, Chris and I had planned on using this last weekend to do some long needed "spring cleaning." We went ahead with our plan. I'm glad we did, because in a weird way it felt a bit like a cleansing. We did a ton of organizing and cleaning and also ended up with a couple new housewares. We cleaned out and got rid of this crappy shelf......and got a new bookshelf......to display our books in the way they deserve.

And here is the newly improved kitchen/baking central...We also have plans to purchase this...and a couple of these...as soon as they are in stock so that we may sit down to a meal together at home.

We are really loving the house right now. The changes we made weren't big, but they really made a huge difference. Somehow our place feels more relaxing now. And tomorrow I'm having Sev and Christine over for knitting/sewing.

I finished another project towards my gifting stash...This scarf also used up some of my yarn stash as well...which was promptly replenished today, after stopping by Village Yarn & Tea to "just look." I know, I know...my sickness never ends. :)


Last night we watched this movie......which we both agree was TREMENDOUS. So much so, that we are actually going to go OUT to a movie theater tomorrow night to see The Dark Knight. I can't wait.

No comments: