Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Excitement brewing

I am so excited.

Road-trip-extravaganza-2008 starts September 7th and continues through the 20th. My last night of work before this fine event is September 3rd. I don't know my work schedule for late September yet, but the earliest night I would have to go to work would be the 22nd. But if I am lucky enough to still get my "regular" schedule after vacation it would be the 25th. Woo fucking hoo! Here's to barely working in September! :)

September 5th my friends Jenny and Sev and I will be having a little party at Sev's beautiful house in Magnolia. This will be a combo b-day/goodbye/goodbye. The bday being mine and the goodbye's being Sev and Jenny getting new jobs. More details on this party to come!

Speaking of new jobs...I am thinking about looking for one. I am still in the very preliminary stages of this. My resume needs updating and I want to wait at least until after my vacation to really get into the job search. I am not in a hurry. My current position can suck sometimes but I love the other nurses there so it is definitely doable. But I can feel the stress and the night shift wearing on me already and I don't want to burn out on nursing this early on. I like the patient population at HMC a lot, but I don't like how the big-wigs there treat their staff. I'm not feeling up to listing all the awful details, but little things like putting new flat screen TVs in all the patient rooms instead of adequately staffing the units is one example. I know the staffing situation isn't perfect in many places, but at HMC it doesn't feel that they really give a shit. Maybe if they would thank us more and try to motivate us more, instead of basically telling us to stop complaining and stop calling in sick. Meh. I didn't really start this entry so I could bitch, so I will end the bitching.

I'll go back to excitement....YAY! Did I mention I was excited for my vacation??! Really. It's going to be spectacular. I was trying to remember when my last real vacation was and well....I can't. I know, I know....I get 5-7 days off at a time every couple weeks. Yeah well, that's not the same because the week that I am on is brutal. 2+ weeks of no work sounds so DREAMY. I deserve it. I have worked my ass off for the past 5 years getting to where I am now. HELL YEAH!! :)

No comments: