Sunday, January 25, 2009

Spoiled rotten...

and loving every minute of it. I suppose when it's my own money that I worked my ass off to earn, it's not the same type of spoiling. Regardless, I am currently sitting at my new awesome laptop and loving it. Yes, we already have a nice computer in the house. But Chris and his homework take priority over that one. Yes, I have an iPhone that I can access the internet on. But it's hard to look at the sites I really love like Ravelry and Craftster. No, I suppose technically I really don't NEED this laptop. I have no homework to get done, no papers to write, no research to do. My browsing on the net is mostly just for my entertainment. But I am a big advocate for my entertainment. That being said, here's my newest toy...Now I can blog and knit and read about knitting and blog about knitting to my heart's content. Actually, you can get a really good laptop for a very reasonable price these days. I was pretty surprised.

And speaking of knitting...here's my latest finished scarf...
I am also working on a cabled hat.I still need to add the brim and a band to the front. It's from the El Capitan pattern.

As usual I have about 30 other projects churning in my brain. I am going to start another pair of mitts for a friend whose birthday is coming up. I also have a baby gift to make which is going to be SPECTACULAR! Unfortunately I can't post anymore info or pictures about it here or on my Ravelry page because Sev visits both places. It will have to wait until after her baby shower in March. :)

In work related news...my week ended much better than it had started. It was still very exhausting, but I am doing a stellar job and can tell that things will come together and that I won't be putting in the hours I am right now forever. This week felt productive and rewarding. I even had a part in literally saving someone's life. It doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: