I am really getting into the thick of it at work now. Seeing patients, doing new admits, and charting charting charting until my eyes go cross-eyed and my hand cramps. (yes, it's written charting.) I am trying to focus on what I am doing well so as to not stress out about the stuff that I don't understand just yet HOW to do. But of course, my brain likes to do the complete opposite and just keeps reminding me of all the things I don't quite get yet. So here's some good stuff...
* One of my patients told me the other day, that I was a great teacher. And that was right after his wife told me how nice I was.
* I did a start of care the other day. Another nurse did a follow up visit with that patient yesterday and when I saw her today she told me how impressed the patient was with me and with our company.
* I have 2 patients with healing wounds.
* I had to call 911 for a patient today and I remained calm...at least until after I left their house.
There are more. But these are the ones that come to mind right this minute.
Anyways, these past couple of weeks I have been working really really hard. I want to do well at this job. I love the patient care and am starting to love the independence. But the amount of work I am doing and doing well is making me realize how valuable I am. I am not use to being in a position like this. The company is making some changes in the salary format and I have an opportunity to ask for more money. I'm going to do it. I'm a bit nervous.
2 comments:
You are worth it!
Thanks!
Post a Comment