I suck at updating. I admit it. One reason being, is that my life is actually pretty boring. I mean, not that I just sit around and stare at the walls every day, but there is not really much that is noteworthy. Things happen, but usually they aren't much different than things that have happened before.
But one thing has happened recently, that is much different than the normal everyday things that happen in my life. I had to say goodbye to my oldest and dearest friend.

It was, and still is, so very hard. But at the same time, I have known for a while that this day was coming. It helps a bit. It doesn't make it easy, but the sense of relief that I feel, knowing that I don't have to worry about her on a daily basis anymore, makes it easier to handle my grief.
She had a long, great life. She was very spoiled and she deserved every minute of it. She was a cuddle FREAK, and not a day went by that she wasn't showered in pets and love.
Here she is in her heated bed...

But even with that, she still preferred pets. We did this a lot....

I know that we gave her the best ending we possibly could have, because even up until the last day, she was demanding of her snuggles.


Thank you, Muppy, for taking care of me for the past 20 years. I couldn't have made it without you.
1 comment:
I like your blog Maria. I think recording even every day events can be very special because the are view through each of our own individual perspective. Even the smallest observation can make an ordinary event quite unique. Thank you for sharing the loss of your beautiful feline companion. I think your words are ver wise. No matter how much we love someone, it is so hard to see them suffer and while we'll never forget them it can be a relief not to worry about them anymore. That can offer some comfort. I'm glad you have the love of your life -nothing compares with that. Keep blogging. Patti K
Post a Comment