Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Summer is over...

In honor of that, and the fact that Chris and I have decided that we are for sure going to Burning Man next year, here is my first finished hat of the season....I love love love knitting with self striping yarn. This is one from Noro. I also love to make hats, duh! I figure I can just keep knitting hats and various other smaller projects and gift them out on the playa next year. I mean, yeah, it's hot during the day...but there's always night time. And really, is there anyone that doesn't like handmade accessories?

I have been seriously distracted from my knitting. Not that I haven't done ANY, but I definitely haven't been producing as much as before. Drum carding and spinning is just way too fun. Here are some of the highlights of that adventure...I don't really feel like posting pics of everything. There is waaaaaay too much. But these are some of my favorites.

These mitts are made from fiber that I carded and then spun......and I absolutely love them! MINE ALL MINE!

I only get to borrow the drum carder for another month. SAD! I want my own. I NEED my own. But unfortunately it's hard to just spend $1000 all at once on something that is a bit of a luxury. So I have started a savings specifically dedicated to my eventual purchase of a motorized drum carder. I have no idea how much I have saved so far because I just give Chris money to tuck away and forget about. So anytime I have a little cash I usually tuck a bit away for that. It may be a while before I get it. I wonder if I have anyway to pass the time until then? hehe

Oh yeah, speaking of Burning Man...yes, we are going next year. I thought it would be a fun way to celebrate the big FOUR-O. SUPERFUN! I'm already pretty excited, even though it's really early and this year's burn just ended. Chris and I are already planning and scheming a bit. We have a few FABULOUS ideas so far. Unfortunately, I am not going to speak of them here. Part of the goodness is seeing it in person. It's going to be great!

Hmmmm....this is kind of a boring post. I feel like the longer I wait to post, the harder it is to think of something interesting to post. Plus I feel like I have to make up for lost time. Meh. Screw that. I can be boring if I feel like it. :P

No comments: