So crazy.
At work, there are nursing students from SCC. So weird to see it from a different perspective!
I remember being in clinicals....scared of some of the nurses. They were so SMART and knew EVERYTHING, and could be so IMPATIENT! Some were nice though, and would seek out experiences for us piddly students.
Now I am on the other end. And am trying to keep that in mind. But seeing how stressful it can be to have a nursing student working with you. Especially in a busy unit when it's short staffed and I have 8 billion other things to do before I pick up another patient in a few hours and something that would take me 5 minutes now takes me 20 minutes + because I have to let the student do everything and explain things as we go.
BUT, this is reiterating my knowledge. This is keeping me in check, making sure that I am always meticulous in my clinical skills, not taking short cuts. This is helping me improve my teaching skills, which are a major part of nursing. This is helping me improve my patience and empathy.
I LOVE IT.
No comments:
Post a Comment