Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Back in it


I've been kind of down and out for a bit. Sick, cold, kind of depressed...and then pms-ing on top of it all. Makes for a shitty shitty time. I'm not really in the mood to go into detail about everything, but just know that it consisted of pain, fatigue, guilt, frustration, etc.

BUT...this week I am feeling a bit renewed. It's been a good (and kind of fun) week at work. I've also felt more productive. That could be in part to the fact that I have actually been motivated to do things.

I thought I felt like spinning today, but I still haven't gotten around to it. But I've spent most of the evening in my little "studio." I've been doing a little organizing, doing a little finishing (most of this just consisted of sewing buttons on to a few things that have been waiting to be done). Here's a couple examples:Buttons may not seem like a big deal, but for some reason I absolutely HATE finishing. Finishing is not just buttons, it can be seaming up a sleeve or sewing pieces together, doing a particular type of edging, making a pom pom, whatever. Regardless of the type, I always procrastinate on it. Even though it usually only takes a short time to complete the task. I really can't explain this but have learned to live with it.

This is why I tend to have so many projects going on simultaneously. So I can leave one be for a while and then come back to finish when I have more motivation. So while I still complete projects, I always have something that needs completion. It's just a way of life. Right now I am about to start a slouchy beanie, probably for myself, out of some super soft alpaca......Great color, right? I can't wait!


Yesterday I got a haircut, (not drastic, just a touch up) and then bought a party outfit. :) This outfit was also a bit out of the norm for me, but SOOOO cute on me that I couldn't help it. I may still need shoes to go with it, I haven't quite decided yet.

Stay tuned for holiday party pictures....

No comments: