Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ducky love

I've been waiting to put pictures of my latest masterpiece up...but now the sweater has been successfully gifted and I can finally share it! I have been busting with pride. So far in my knitting career, this is the most difficult project I have attempted. I learned A LOT and for my first sweater attempt I think it turned out well. The baby shower was yesterday and I was late to the party (Sorry Sev!) because I was finishing up the last details! Here it is...I think it is way cuter in person. I used Comfy yarn from KnitPicks, a nice, soft, WASHABLE cotton. Sev taught me to knit a little over a year ago, so I think it's very appropriate that my first sweater was for her lovely offspring. :)

2 comments:

Kendal said...

Wow. That turned out great! it even has a button band? (I just found out what that is today...)

You are a knitting superstar!

Severine Chardon-Ringenburg said...

It is an awesome sweater. I cannot wait for the baby to be able to wear it. You did an amazing job. I'm so proud and honor that you gave your first sweater to my baby. Thanks SO much.