Monday, September 1, 2008

Birthday Girl

I am at a loss for any deep philosophical writings about how the years keep slipping away and yadda yadda yadda. But birthdays always kind of make me reminisce about where I've been and how much things have changed. It's kind of crazy to think of where I was and what I was doing even just 5 years ago. And here I am..."all grown up"...definitely not what I had pictured in my youth. I remember thinking about how when I turned 30 I would be all old and pretty much done and settled in life....that whatever I was doing at that time would be how my life would be pretty much until the end.

Wow.

Now I am 7 years past that mark, and I know that I'm not "done." I don't even really feel that "grown up" feeling I was expecting to feel by this age. It's great. :)

So anyways, this year, I spent my birthday at work. It really wasn't that bad. We had a super yummy potluck and Sev brought the most delicious cake in the world. And one of my patients even shared my birthday, which has got to be some kind of weird cosmic coincidence. She was super nice and also enjoyed the coincidence, which was evident when we sang "Happy Birthday to Us."

I got some wonderful gifts that have a common theme. Chris got me enough of this beautiful yarn to make a scarf...as well as this cool little gadget...
And super awesome seamstress Severine made this for me...
Here it is with my collection of needles sans ones with projects attached to them...
I think people are aware of my obsession. :)

And to keep the knitting part of this blog up to date, here are a couple of things I have added to the needles. Another beanie, of course......and a simple ribbed scarf......in order to use up some more stash.


Speaking of Chris and Gordy...here's what they were doing earlier today...

No comments: