Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2010

So far it's been great. I've been having fun doing the dorky things that I usually love to do. Knitting, reading about knitting, looking at knitting patterns. Here's the latest...

One pair of mitts that I started a looong time ago, finally complete. ...and another pair out of some yummy spincycle yarn that I gifted to Jenny for her birthday. I love the random orange stripes. One more pair out of spincycle yarn...just for me! Surprisingly, I don't have as many knitted items of my own that you'd think. I plan on changing that in 2010. :)All three pairs just made out of a simple pattern that I improvised from pieces of other patterns I've used. This is a pattern I love to use for an instant gratification project.

Here's a simple scarf that I whipped up out of some pretty yarn I found ON SALE a while back! This was Lisa's birthday gift.

One of my newer favorite projects to make is the Turn A Square by Brooklyn Tweed...So many possibilities!!! I have plans for an orange/pink/cream mix one....coming soon!

And I made this little gem out of some Mochi Plus......which was really cute, but wasn't all that fun to work with. I hate all the splitting!

I have also been trying to delve into the stash of long ago. I started this scarf out of some Debbie Bliss I acquired way-back-when from the Hill Top Yarn after-fire-sale.And this hat, which will soon be gifted to Chris C. (hopefully he doesn't read this blog just yet), is made out of some Rowan DK I picked up from the same sale.
Lastly, I've been feeling a bit "off" the last couple weeks, so I wanted something easy but pretty to make. So I just finished this beauty out of some spincycle yarn......for yours truly! It's so soft and sweet!


So far this year, if you can believe it, I haven't bought any new yarn. I know, I know...WHAT?!?!? But really, I haven't. I haven't made any kind of pact or resolution or anything. I've actually just had more of a desire to use what's already here. And believe me, there is no shortage.

I have however, purchased some new patterns. Mostly for hats. One of my favorite things to knit lately, and I suppose always, is hats. They are fairly quick and don't take up a ton of yarn so it's a good way to use what's in my bins.

Other than knitting, I have been totally addicted to South Park. So addicted, that I have started purchasing the DVDs on ebay. So far, I have managed to get seasons 1-8. It's a great thing to do while I make more hats. And mitts. And scarfs. And things with cables...


Anyways, here's to another fabulous year!

No comments: