My job is calming down a bit, as in, I am getting the hang of it more and more...but it will never be easy. I don't think I will have an easy job ever again. Unless, of course, I blow off nursing altogether. I suppose that's just how it is though. With more $$ comes more responsibility, more stress, and more work work work. But it also comes with more satisfaction and more rewarding experiences and more feelings of accomplishment. I learn so much every day. Every day I deal with something, often many somethings, that make me go "WTF?" and every day I learn new ways of dealing with these WTF things.
Kind of like that feeling when you knit something really complicated and really frustrating and really hard and you want to give up every other time you work on it and it turns out really AWESOME and everyone is amazed by your skills.
I do smile and laugh an awful lot throughout my work day though. I can't say that about every other job I've had.
Speaking of knitting...I am officially a yarn snob. I didn't mean for it to happen and honestly I didn't think it would. Until, of course, I figured out much more wonderful the LYS yarn is. I just started working on "Felicity" which is a slouchy hat pattern. With my big noggin I never know if hats will fit me and I am too super lazy to knit a gauge swatch so I usually just increase some rows and stitches and needle sizes and wing it. And if stuff doesn't fit me I just give it to someone else. In regards to this particular hat, I'm not even sure if a slouchy hat will look good on my fat head or just make it look fatter. So, with those things in mind I decided to just use some cheap yarn I have taking up space, a soft acrylic, but it's still Red Heart. The color is fine and the softness is fine but there is something just not pleasurable about knitting with it. It doesn't feel luxurious between my fingers and it doesn't slide on the needles the way I like and I am just not that interested in working with it. I may or may not finish the hat, we'll see.
Oh, and speaking of AWESOME knitting...people are STILL talking about the cable mitts I made for Lisa, featured a few posts back. People are jealous. :) I take jealousy as a very high form of compliment.
No comments:
Post a Comment